Terms & Conditions
- The purchase of any product in the Online Store of the Douro Exclusive, implies acceptance of the present Terms and Conditions.
- Every and any alcoholic beverages available for sale in our Online Store can only be acquired by a person of legal age in their respective country.
- Douro Exclusive reserves the right to modify, without prior notice and at any moment, the information and commercial offer about: products, prices, sales, commercial conditions and services.
- The images that illustrate every product in Douro Exclusive may vary from the product delivered; these same products are also liable to become out of stock.
- Despite all efforts, some prices displayed might be inaccurate, reason for which the company will always verify the prices when proceeding to the order processing. Therefore, the prices displayed in Douro Exclusive online store are merely indicative and do not constitute a contractual proposition. If the actual price is inferior to the announced price, Douro Exclusive online store will reimburse the surplus. If the price is superior, the company will notify the client of such situation by email and will await the client’s decision to accept the new price or cancel the order within 15 days from the date of the receipt of the email.
- Under the portuguese law, all displayed prices in Douro Exclusive include the necessary VAT taxes, except when stated otherwise.
- Upon confirmation of order placed in Douro Exclusive an email to the registered contact will be sent detailing everything about delivery, invoicing, payment information, products and prices. Douro Exclusive advises the confirmation of everything by the clients. In such cases, where the client does not receive the order confirmation email, it is asked that him/her contacts Douro Exclusive through one of the following contacts, such that the notification will be sent again to the client’s email.
- If any information detailed by the client appears mistaken, and/or the client desires to apply an alteration any information, as long as the order has not been dispatched yet, it is asked that the client contact us, through the following options with the maximum celerity, such that internally the required change can be executed. If the order has already been dispatched, it will have to be analyzed by the Douro Exclusive team, which together with the client will try to find a suitable solution for both parties.
- All orders in Douro Exclusive will be processed only after payment has been received. Placing the order in itself does not constitute products reservation.
- In case the order cannot be fulfilled partialy or totaly, the client will be immediately contacted by Douro Exclusive in order to find a suitable solution for both parties.
- All orders done in Douro Exclusive have a maximum payment period of two weeks, after which, the order will be automatically cancelled.
- Orders can be cancelled when expressly stated by the client through one of the following contacts, before dispatch of the orders. After dispatch, it is asked of the client to contact Douro Exclusive such that, together with the client, will try to find a suitable solution for both parties.
- These payments are all accepted in Douro Exclusive Store: Multibanco Reference, MBWAY (both of these for clients with a portuguese bank account), bank transfer, Visa or Mastercard, American Express.
- Order status have three phases: Pending, Processing, Finalized.
a) Pending – Awaiting the payment confirmation in the Douro Exclusive system;
b) Processing – Payment has been received and the order is now in processing and packaging/preparation;
c) Awaiting – Awaits additional confirmation with the client to advance the order status towards completion. This only occurs in special cases.
d) Finalized – The order has been dispatched.
- Payments are received only in euros.
- To the prices presented with the products, there’s a respective shipping value for each order. The transportation cost depends on the weight of the order and destination. This value can be simulated in the shopping cart by adding the desired product and filling in every required field of the simulator. The total of shipping costs will be automatically calculated as you place your order in the Online Store. Be advised that some factors of this calculations may vary and suffer changes without any prior notice.
- After dispatch of the orders, the information for tracking will be available in the client’s account who have registered before placing the order, likewise, a notification is sent by email with information for the link where the tracking can be made. This email is sent to both registered clients and unregistered as well. If for any reason the email is not received, it is asked that the client contacts the Douro Exclusive through one of the following contacts, such that all available information about the order dispatch is sent again.
- All products send by Douro Exclusive shall be verified upon delivery. If the client notices any damage, it shall return it immediately to the transportation company, justifying duly the motif of the returned goods in the remittance form of the transporter. It shall also contact Douro Exclusive immediately through one of the following contacts.
- If, after delivery, the client verifies that any of the products is not in accordance, it is asked, that the client contacts immediately Douro Exclusive through the email firstname.lastname@example.org providing the order number or the document number that came with it, adding also, as attached files, images of all the goods were received and the wrongly sent product as well, such that an internal investigation is open for such occurrence to achieve a solution as fast as possible.
- Douro Exclusive will not be responsible for dispatches to countries where the law does not allow entrance of alcoholic beverages. It is the client’s responsibility for the eventual apprehension of said orders, as well as the payment for custom taxes, when applicable. In case of the goods being returned, Douro Exclusive will reimburse only the amount pertained to the goods. In case of any doubts the client can contact Douro Exclusive before placing the order.
- Douro Exclusive has hired specialized transporting services for deliveries in Portugal, Europa and most countries in the World. All efforts are made to meet the expected delivery dates, however, there may be delays in the deliveries, where the causes for such delays are not directly related to Douro Exclusive which, in those cases, we can not guarantee precise delivery dates.
- Most deliveries are done during work hours and in work days, on the shipping address the client submitted during the placing of the order.
- For any unsuccessful delivery attempt from the transporting company, a notice will be left in the mail box with company’s indications. Depending on the transporting company deliveries may need to be recovered in a place indicated by said company, or the client may need to follow other indications specified by the company.
- If, for any reason, the client cannot receive the order or pick it up at the designated site, it is asked that the client contacts Douro Exclusive such that together a solution suitable for both parties is found.
- Douro Exclusive recognizes to all its clients the right of contract cancellation, granting a period of reimbursement of 14 (fourteen) days, of the products acquired, as in the terms described in law decree n.º 143/2001 and decree 82/2008 de 20/05.
- For replacing or reimbursement, it is asked that the client contacts Douro Exclusive through the email email@example.com indicating the order number or the document that came with the order, but being aware of the following conditions:
a) To return the delivery, it must come in perfect conditions and, when applicable with its original package, accessories and promotional offers, also the purchase proof or invoice will be required.
b) Defective or mistaken goods will be accepted, which, in such cases, Douro Exclusive will bear the costs for shipping every instance in which the client communicates this situation in a period of up to 14 (fourteen) days from the date they have received the products.
c) Once the goods are received in our premises and after validity of its status in conformity, we will procede to the reimbursement of its value using the same payment method as the client has used to acquired the goods.
- Douro Exclusive will take full responsibility for any defect from origin or raw material of the acquired product and, if such is confirmed by Douro Exclusive specialized team, we will proceed to exchange or reimbursement of the money without any cost for the client.
- Douro Exclusive will not accept any return of used goods or in case of modification or alteration.
- Douro Exclusive will not take any responsibility for defects caused by incorrect use, negligence, poor storing conditions, or causes of force majeure.
- All purchases done in Douro Exclusive site are subject to the portuguese law. Any conflict or disagreement on the interpretation of this the Terms and Conditions will be submitted to the portuguese Court.
- In case the client is outside of mainland Portugal, Douro Exclusive informs that any legal action shall be exclusively initiated in the portuguese courts.
- On the terms and for the effect of the written article 18º of the Law n.º 144/2015, 8th September, Douro Exclusive informs that the available Alternative Dispute Resolution (RAL) entity is “Centro de Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo de Lisboa”, with the follwing contacts:
Address: Faculdade de Direito da Universidade Nova de Lisboa – Campus de Campolide 1099-032 Lisbon
Telephone: +351 213 847 484 (from 3pm to 4pm)
Telephone for Consumer Central: 707 788 787
The present terms and conditions may be modified without prior notice, therefore they should be referred to before the placing of any order.